Tuesday, May 11, 2010

5/11/2010-The last day of my freshman year in college.

I finally finished off my first complete year of college. I'm pretty pleased for several reasons. First, I'm the first person to accomplish such a feat within my mothers family, second, I've found my niche of a career in journalism and hold a bright future within the field, and lastly because I managed to do this mostly on my own. Granted, I had help with finances from my mother and without her help I wouldn't have even gotten past the first semester; yet the work and multiple essays and hours of work a week were solely my accomplishment. 


As for the next three years, I am looking forward to attending ASU in the fall until I earn my Bachelors Degree in 2013, but I'm nervous at the same time. I've never lived in such a large metropolis as Phoenix and the change will be rather drastic. The traffic is another issue I'm concerned about as I'm not a strong driver and am not used to the bustling traffic of insane drivers. It will be an interesting challenge, but as I see it, every challenge is an opportunity. 


Well that is it for today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment